Monday, September 8, 2008

The last day of my summer

We started our day with a visit to the Portland Temple. One of the things I miss the most about living in Portland is not being able to see the Temple. I lived right down the street from it and if I was ever in a bad mood I would just go and walk around the grounds.

Then we headed over to the children's museum, but I was not aware that it is closed on Mondays. Luckily, it is right next to the Zoo, so we got to see the new baby elephant.


The new baby
And last, but not least, we went back to the old neighborhood and had some fun with Debra. I have missed her and Jane more than words can say. You know when you find someone and they just feel like home. That would be Deb and Jane.


We didn't want Jane to be sad that she missed us, so we traced the kids so she could see how big they are getting. Jackson and Ainsley drew hearts and balloons all over the road for Jane as well. And Tomorrow is the end of my care free life of no kids in school and no schedules.
Well it was a fun five years. Now on to the next step.

No comments: