Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bless and Release


There was this speaker named Amanda Dickson at Time out this weekend. Let me just say she was awesome, So funny. If I learned anything this weekend it would be to bless and release. At some point in every day you need to just let it all go. Anything on your shoulders, just let it go. your kids are the spawn of the devil? just let it go. Your husband didn't tell you you're just as skinny as the day you met this morning? just let it go. Your sister went to bed sick when you came to see her for the weekend? Just let it go. Your afraid the sister that some how got left out of the time out weekend is going to kick your ass for it, JuJuJussst llleeet it gggo.
The whole bless and release thing gets that much better when you do the hand motions. I will have to post a video clip of me doing it some time. Shari Dew, Virginia Hinkley Pearce, Wendy Watson-Nelson, and Laurel Christensen are just some of the amazing women that we had the privilege to her speak this weekend.
Virginia Hinkley Pearce

This is us missing Jenn.

this is Emery and the new addition to the Layton family Dalila.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Is Dalila a turtle? It's so tiny it's hard to see. Emery looks not so enamored with it. Disinterested. Ticked, perhaps. She is sure changing quickly! :) Bring her east so we can spoil her!! :)

jlcumber said...

You crack me up. I am over it. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway because of $$$. I was only hurt for a little while. :)

And Emery is so freaking cute AND I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Dalila. I have to have one!

Thayer & Associates said...

I love Dalila to. I was going to put her in my pocket ant take her home.