Saturday, September 13, 2008

It Was The Best



My slumber party was a glorious trip down memory lane. Amy and I started with a shopping trip. OK, not something we used to do as kids, but it was a necessity. (Amy's story, not mine.) Jenny met us at the store and we all looked around. Wait, that not right. Amy and I started in mom and dad's bathroom doing our hair and laughing that we should leave the flat iron plugged in so dad would yell at us. Then we went and meet Jenn. After that we walked to BK and got some dinner. That's more of a teenage thing from when Aunt Gwen was living in the duplex. So of course we had to walk over to the duplex and back home past her first apartment in Hillsboro. We reminisced about the Rivera boys and sang "Oh Heather" out by the parking lot.
After we got home we chatted on the couch for a little before our next outing. While we were setting there dad came out off the bath room holding out flat irons and my hair brush. I'm sure that Richard could hear the hen cackling all the way in Maupin. It was awesome.
Then we were off to 7 11. We went through Hare Field and down the path by the Scarborough's house. I'm not at liberty to disclose the conversations that were had but that was just more of the fun.
I didn't think that the field was anymore scary than it ever was but that path still scares the crap out of me. After we got to 7 11 we looked for candy that we hadn't had in a long time or at least things we used to get. While we were there a man drove up in a BIG truck (so Hillsboro) and was blaring AC/DC. This rocked for two reasons. AC/DC is so my childhood and my sisters were head banging in the driveway when I got out of the store. The walk back home was more laughing and talking about who lived were, what houses had changed and which ones were the same. We did discuss whether or not to TP someone's house, but we don't know anyone in Hillsboro any more and having the night end in a misdemeanor wasn't what we were going for.
We got home and talked some more and got mom to try some really sour candy. That was so funny. I wish the video had turned out. Then we went to bed. All in all, just what I was wanting for my birthday.


THANK YOU GIRLS

1 comment:

jlcumber said...

Glad you had a good time