Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Not Just Me

One of the many crazy thing that I do to myself is that, shortly after having a baby, I am compelled to try on my wedding dress. I have no delusions this time and have not done it yet. I am also not saying that I won't ever fit in to it again, but it just takes about a year. I'm crazy for ever trying it on before a year has passed.
Today I went to Toys R Us to get a backpack for Jackson (that was the 4th store we looked at)
and a blessing dress for Emery. Yeah, I know a blessing dress at Toys R Us! But they have them and they are beautiful. After we got Emery's dress, Ainsley kept asking me:

Ains: Why don't I get a new dress mommy?
Me: Well, Ainsley, you already have a blessing dress.
Ains: I do? Where is it?
Me: It's put away in a special box.
Ains: I want it.
Me: OK. You can see it, but it's too small for you now so you can't wear it.
Ains: OK.

She was so happy that she had a special dress like Emery's and wanted to try it on so bad that I helped here get it over her chubby little arms and it still fit. Kind Of.
That's right. She's just like her mommy with the sick facination of "Am I still that cute and little?" No matter how big she gets she will alway be that cute.

3 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

sooooo disturbing

jlcumber said...

very, but funny, but very disturbing...made me laugh though

LAYTON FAMILY said...

See! I TOLD you it was disturbing!