Thursday, May 22, 2008

I feel you mama bird.

I was just looking out the window at some birds in the yard. They were Starlings and under normal circumstances I would have tuned the dogs out on them. But today I watched them for a while first.
It was a mama bird and her two baby birds. The mama bird was looking for some food for her babies in the grass. She was walking around probing the ground for worms and every time she put her heed down those two little monsters would come over and pick her in the back of the head. As if to say your not doing it fast enough or good enough or if dad was here he could do it better.
The feeling that I am being picked to death be my off spring is some thing I know all to well, so you keep your head up mama birds.

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

My old comment went away too. bummer. I do love this story!! So funny. Little boogers.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

OMGosh! I just about peed my pants over this one. This is a CLASSIC "Leanna" moment. Bonding with the mama bird...you crack me up.