Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday - Hometown Edition

Things I loved about my home town *(and surrounding area)!

10. The Old Scotch Church. Its one of those places that my friends and I would go at night to try and scare the $#!tt out of each other. It is also a beautiful old church and has some neat old tomb stones too.

9. Any playground . We loved to hanging out in them at night as well. I don't know how it happened but every time we all would go back to being 6 year olds again. I loved that and think I'll have to do that again some time.

8. The paper route. This is the two blocks behind my parents house where Jenny and I delivered the Hillsboro Argus. It is still where we take our walks after family functions.

7. The Aquatic Center. Of course there is swimming lesson memories from my whole life but the best ones are from Friday night swim. No need to go in to any detail about that but Jenny knows what I'm talking about.

6. The caboose . This one is all mine. I had this friend whose uncle had some land with an old train caboose on it. We would go out there and ride dirt bikes and make dinner over a camp fire.

5. The train tressle. That's just what it was - an old train tressle. It was about half a mile long and really tall. I think I only had the nerve to walk it once.

4. Four Seasons Bowling. I know what you're thinking, but I used to work there too and it was a fun time for me.

3. The Candy Basket. Every penny I had would go to that store and we would take hours to decide what we wanted.

2. Hare Field. It was part of every thing. You could go through it to get to Aunt Gwen's house and 7 eleven. All the ball games and band practices you could hear from the backyard. The lights that lit up my bedroom window at night and all the times that Richard and I should have gotten breaking and entering charges and never did.

1. My Mom and Dad's House. Every memory I have started here.

No comments: