Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jackson is five.......Wow

I can't even begin to describe the surreal feeling of having my first baby turn five. It's just not possible. I know it's not because we just got you home from the hospital yesterday. My scrunchy little bald man that slept with me in the recliner for the first few months of your life. I know that the post partum made me more than a little clingy with you, but I wouldn't change one minute of it. I am thankful you don't seem to be messed up by your mom needing to hold you 24 hours a day in the beginning.


You are such a sweet, sensitive and caring boy. You always say excuse me which even when you are being rude makes you seem so polite. You are more than I could have asked for in a big brother for Ainsley and I know that you will love, protect, teach, share and play with your new sister just the same as you do with her.

Your my big helper. You are alway trying to help me every way you can. You are always trying to wash the dishes and help with dinner. I don't have to fight you that much to pick up your toys.

I love to watch you mind work. You are so smart and quick with a comeback. I know before you were born that you would be this way. I would say "He is going to be a crazy trouble maker like me but have his dad's ability to talk his way out of anything" and you do.

I know that I got the better end of this deal and you are so good at handling my short fuse.

I'm thankful everyday that you came to make your dad and I a family. Our wonderful, sweet, funny, overwhelmingly loving, loud, sensitive, and caring little man.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASTER JACKSON SKYWALKER . MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Nope, not too icky. Just right. Very sweet and sincere. He's a good egg.

jlcumber said...

I love it! Great Job Mommy! Kiss that kid for me!!! LOVE YOU JACKSON!

Sam said...

He's so sweet, Leanna. What a nice tribute to your little man! Happy Birthday, Jackson!! :)

Maddy said...

That was so adorable!!! Tell him Happy late birthday for me!!! I miss that guy running crazy through church!!