Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Runnig an errand for Jeff


Our boat has been in the shop since July and it has just one more thing that needed to be done. This required that I go to Newport to get a part and then drive that part to Garibaldi to the repair shop.
So, the girls and I made a day, or should I say two days, of it.

The marina in Newport.

After picking up the part for the boat, we went to the the Oregon Coast Aquarium.

This is Ainsley petting a tiger shark.

Emery was mesmerized by the big crabs.

Touching some anemones

and a star fish.

In the shark tank.


Just a picture of the bridge

After we dropped off the part, we went to Papa's farm to see our cousins.
It's been 2 years since the last time we saw the boys and, my goodness, have they grown.
This is Jacob. He's the oldest at 15. I have a picture of him and Ainsley walking hand in hand like this the last time we were all together.

Had to get another picture of my stripy kitten.
The boys
Josiah, Kaleb, Joshua and Jacob.
I had Josiah stand downhill from his brothers. He is just 11 and his is 6' 1" with a size 15 shoe.

I took the long way home from the coast and stopped at my Mom and Dad's to have lunch with Grammy and to see the carnage. The mangled bits that were the bully tree.

I know it felt a little too much like dancing on a grave, but I was trying to show how big it truly was.


I'm thinking about taking this one and turning it into a coffee table.

1 comment:

Kelly Munns said...

that is a humongous tree! i read about all the memories and i'm sad for you, but all good things have to come to an end. maybe that tree will be waiting for you in the hereafter.

and i can't believe how active you are! you make it seem like i can walk by your house and find you there anytime...NO! you're always out and about...much too busy for me!