Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not rude

OK so here's how it is . I know that I am flighty, irresponsible, jealous,suspicious, inconsiderate,I have no conversation filter and I am a all around shiny penny type. But the one thing I am not is rude. Not ever. Not intentionally, well that is unless you're a stranger and you're trying to tell me what to do with my kids or something. I just won't have that. I don't know what it is maybe it's just me. But when I'm nine months pregnant with the raging pregnancy hormones and Jackson is being overly clingy and some stranger starts yelling at me how to take care of my kid I'm yelling right back. In retrospect maybe not the best thing to do but whatever that's not what I'm talking about this time.
So here's the story. I was in Target the other day and some people were blocking the aisle so I quietly waited. That's just how I am. No need to say anything, I'm in no hurry. After everyone moves I walk past and decide that I actually didn't want to go that way and wanted to turn. The one couple with a child had stopped and their cart was somewhat blocking my path but I could see that I would be able to get through without bothering any one. So that's what I did and I went on my way. This MAN says "J**** C****** can't you just say excuse me B****."
My whole body seized and I was so ready to go full blown Roy on him but in that instant I had one of those moments where you just become calm. First I thought 'Are you kidding me?' Then I thought I'm not sinking to your level. Then it was that poor woman and kid I would be so embarrassed if I were her and I was inclined to say something to that effect. I'm not going to lie. I also was thinking 'what trash'. But then I thought 'this person no mater how rude, has the same divine calling as I and for whatever reason is not happy with himself and doesn't know who he is so how can he possibly know who I am'. Don't get me wrong I did call my sister and had one of those 'Oh my gosh no he didn't' moments. But that was just me blowing the whole thing off.
So as you can see Not Rude. Not even if you are.

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

OH NO!!! NOT ROY! the poor guy has no idea what he was in for. :)

Kelly Munns said...

wow...what a serious jerk. i think you can count this as my visiting teaching for january :)