Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

Thank you for teaching me about all the things I love most.
Birds. I love watching them and appreciate that your the one that you taught me all their names and even most of their songs. This is something that I love to do with Jackson and Ainsley and I know that Jackson loves it too.
It's all wild life really. What their tracks look like, That turned rocks and torn up logs are signs of a bear. What time of day is best for deer spotting and what a good fishing hole looks like.
My love for gardening even if my yard does not reflect that right now.
You were always home for diner and we all way sat at the table as a family. That's some thing we are still working on.
I love that even if you knew the boy I was dating was a big loser you let me make that mistake I mean those mistakes. And when it all went to crap you were there with a hug and a moving van.
You were calm and concerned the night I hit a deer with your truck. I don't think I would have been able to get back behind the wheel if you had have gotten angry.
Life is a never ending learning process. You are the only person I know at is in a constant pursuit off knowledge.
Your love for our family's history has been a great blessing for all of us. I appreciate and have enjoyed all the work you put in to finding our ancestors
I appreciate that you didn't stop with three kids even if I was a surprise. I also appreciate that we got a little brother out of the two of you also.
Thanks for all the other great dad stuff I'm forgetting, I love ya Dad.

No comments: