Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Years Day and day after!!!!

Just as soon as the Bergs got there we went over to the Huckleberry Inn for our New Year's Day breakfast. One of the best thing about coming up here is all the food traditions. We always start our trip with lunch at Calamity Jane's on our way in for their burgers and chilly fries. I am fond of the Canadian bacon pizza burger myself. The next day it's breakfast at the Huckleberry Inn with their amazing donuts. Then the last night we always go to the ZigZag Inn for Italian food. Pizza for the kids and mouth watering chicken raveole for me.


This is what I'm talking about when I say amazing donuts.

Starting a fire out in the snow was something new this year. I don't know why we never did it before.
It was cozy and as long as we were outside the kids didn't think they needed to come in and out of the house 100 times.
Our snow fort. It took most the day , but we had fun doing it.

See cozy and way more room than inside.

Just hanging around

The kids and I wanted to go down to the river.

and see the cool icicles.


I just had to brake one of to show the kids

and of course dinner at the ZigZag. Mmmmmmmmmmm!
The next day I finely got a picture of my kids in their Christmas jamers.


The kids sledding down the drive.






After sledding we went for a drive in the snow. We saw this giant porch swing and had to get a picture of the kids on it.
There was enough snow to make everything look so pretty, but not enough to keep us from driving all over the mountain.
We found this whole cliff covered in ice. The boys had to go check it out.


Now it was time to start back home. Just in time to get a good night's sleep so we can go back to school and work in the morning.

No comments: