Thursday, November 20, 2008

Amy dared Me

I just have to start by saying there is no part of my house that looks like this on a regular basis. So, let me explain this picture.
I do this thing that my sisters and I like to call sorting the junk drawer. The definition of sorting the junk drawer is: Find the most time consuming task and working on that so I am rushed to do all the other thing that I need to do before company, holiday, birthday party, etc. This is how it goes. I have to get the house tidied, so where should I start?
I think I'll dump all the toys on the floor of the playroom so I can sort out the ones that the kids don't play with anymore. This is all after the kids are in bed so as not to disturb me or make the process more lengthy.
An hour and a half later and I have given up and put them all back in their boxes and gone downstairs to wash the dishes.
But here it was in all its messed-up glory.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, my! Why does that remind me of the toy room as you were growing up - all the time.

Jan said...

DID I JUST ADMIT THAT????

Kelly Munns said...

i love it. and i'm here to help. i'll take the knight's armor, mr. potato head, the red barn, and the ninja turtle arms.