Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Only Me.

We all know that I'mmmm dingy, scatter brained and an all around shinny penny type of girl. I try or at least I think I'm trying. But this time I think I was even able to astound myself with my airheadedness.
I knew I had to put together a poster board for the auction and just like me I was trying to throw it together the night before. I thought I was doing this quite successfully. Until I noticed that the glue didn't appear to be drying and was looking.........well greasy.
For whatever reason I took another look at the "glue stick" in my hand.

Imagine my surprise when I found it to be a stick of sunscreen. At least it was just the first 5 flowers and the glue was still able to stick with all that sunscreen in the way.

This is a picture of the the flowers. It's the tall ones that got SPF 50 applied to their backs.



And after all that, it turned out just fine. I had each child write what their favorite thing about making the painting was on the flowers and the clouds.

The aution went well. Our panting would have sold for $6o but Jeff had to try to bid it up so now we will be hanging it in the kids room at the coast. He also acquired a stick horse from the auction for his little Emmers and some books at the book fair for the big kids.
I forgot my camera so I have no pictures. But we all had a good time and it was fun to see all the other art that was for sale.

1 comment:

Kelly Munns said...

you're killing me! that is almost as funny as the pantie-less princess butt.