Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jeff's Birthday Weekend "Camping"

I had been asking Jeff what he would like to do for his birthday and he had nothing for me to work with for days. But on Thursday he got up and said, "You know what, I want to go camping."
Camping! Good we can do that. I'll see if we can get in somewhere.
So that's how we wound up finding Beverly Beach. It was gorgeous and we are definitely going back there again.


I think it's time to get Emers her own chair. She was loving Ainsley's


Jackson pretending to be an Elk


The kids dancing in the trailer.


Me and my little man.


The boys just having some fun.
Jackson was running with some sea weed and Jeff was attempting to step on it.


Boy what a perfect day.


I like my pretty pictures.



I swear some days it's like I have a teenager.


Happy family eating dinner.


Dirt Wurst
Definition} A brat that has been dropped into the fire so many times that it's gritty and tastes like dirt


While we were eating these little buggers showed up. They drug the dog's food dish under the trailer and were not about to leave. After much effort we were able to shoo them off and we tossed the remaining food into the bushes.


SMORES!



the kids and Papa with the finished product.


Emery and Elsa. She LOVES that dog. We all do.


Time for bed.


After we got the kids and Jeff's dad to sleep, we went on a walk around the camp ground. Just as we got over by the restrooms I heard some rustling in the skunk cabbage. Just as Jeff was giving me a hard time for hearing things this critter stepped out onto the trail just in front of us.
And Yes that is a Beaver.
The pictures aren't that great because I didn't want to scare him.



I don't think he's going to like this one but I just wanted to show you what the kids got Jeff for his birthday. Ah, yes, and those would be cookie pants.


Just one of the beautiful old trees in the park.


Light House


Daddy and his baby walking together




I know we're getting old. But my gosh I think he's hot.


My little artist. She's always doing something creative.


OK. So this was a mystery for all of us.
So we're walking along and we see these strange marks not in but on the top of the sand. Weird right? I say to Jackson that it looks just like if there had been a light saber battle on the beach.


Of course my little man goes with that and thoroughly examines the marks. But in the end the boy from the coast shows us that it's just some bugs that have kicked the sand out of their holes. So much for possibly running into Jedi on the beach.


Just a quick family pic.


They were having such a good time just playing together.


Me and my baby.


My darling little angels


Jackson had to show me how big he is.


Ancient Stump
Back to the dawn of the bronze age! This root mass was one of many buried beneath the beaches along the Oregon Coast between Newport and Neskowin. It once supported a spruce tree, which was buried when the land suddenly dropped into the sea. It remained preserved beneath the sand for 4,100 years before surfacing and breaking free in 1998. Violent winter storms washed it into the mouth of Spencer Creek in 1999.


You know those moments where you just want to freeze time because everything is just so perfect. Everyone is geting along and having the time of their life. This was one of those.
It was just like Heaven.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Love this post... :)